Ingersoll is yet another brand name when it comes to air compressors, comparable to other highly reputed brands such as Makita. While it is not as touted as much as Makita, they do design some impressive compressors, which are powerful and sturdy, and build to last. This model is a great addition to your workshop, especially if you are a DIY person that likes to do the around-the-house repairs by yourself.
Features of Ingersoll Rand P1IU-A9
This air compressor has a lot going for it, from sturdy and durable design and quality materials used in the manufacture, to the impressive output and duty cycle. It a heavier unit, weighing around 90 pounds so it cannot compete on portability, but the built-in handle makes it relatively easy to move around the workshop. If you have the need to carry it around frequently than a small cart will be of use.
- 4.3 CFM at 90 PSI – The power output of this compressor is one of the highest when it comes to smaller, consumer grade compressors. At peak operation, it will run at 4.3 cubic feet of air per minute, which is better than 90% of compressors in its price range.
- Dual tanks at 4 gallons total capacity – The tank capacity is not the greatest, but is more than enough at 4 gallons capacity. It might interfere with working with tools that require constant bursts of power, fast recovery time makes up for that.
- 2 Outlets – Thanks to the high power output and two outlets, two people can work with this compressor at the same time. Make sure that the tool requirements do not exceed the total output power of the compressor, however.
Advantages of Ingersoll Rand P1IU-A9
- Able to run some power-hungry tools – At 4.3 CFM this air compressor is more than capable to run some heavy duty tools, such as airbrushes and nail guns. As long as the tools are not large and industrial grade, you will be good to go.
- 100% duty cycle – One of the greatest benefits of working with this compressor is the impressive 100% duty cycle. This means that you can run the unit all day long and be well within its operating parameters.
- Easy to operate – This unit is easy to operate, simple and straightforward, and ready right outside the box. Gauges are easy to read, but keep in mind that it does require a bit more maintenance as it is oil-lubricated.
The weight of the unit is what sits the most heavily on the minds of most buyers if you will pardon the pun. At around 80 pounds it’s not very lightweight for a portable compressor. Make sure to carry it around in twos, if you need to move it at all. Consider buying a cart, as it will make your job much easier.
We were really impressed with the performance of this particular compressor and believe it is a strong competitor to even the most reputable brands in the industry. The output and the duty cycle are unparalleled in its price category. Ingersoll Rand P1IU-A9 Hand Carry Twinstack 2-HP Compressor is definitely a purchase worth considering!